Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Reflection

Art class this year in all honesty become almost a haven for me. Having last period art was the greatest way to unwind and relieve stress at the end of the day. The low-key "chill" vibes that the class room gives off makes the class welcoming. Art class was the class that I looked forward to the most to all year. This is the only class that I was graded on how much effort I put into my projects and I couldn't be wrong. This class was a very expressive and eye opening course. I learned to think more open minded and to realize that if I just try hard enough, I can do and finish things I put my mind to.   Even though some projects I didn't enjoy, they still taught me to make the best of things. I was particularly proud of our mixed media collages as well as my bike drawing. I was proud of myself and all the effort and work that I put into these projects. I think that every high school student should be required to take at least a year of art class and experience what I experience this year. I couldn't be wrong for my creativity which I loved. In some classes where being different or outspoken is frowned upon, in art it's embraced. Everyone always did their own thing and was independent. This year, this class really opened my eyes to look at things from all perspectives. For example, our bike drawings. There are a large number of art students and I believe that no two students picked exactly the same angle to draw-each one was different. Art class this year was a fun, free spirited class that I look forward to taking again next year. In the beginning of the year, I was shy, naive and slightly embarrassed of my ideas but now I have no shame because it's art and I can't be wrong. It's just art. I have improved tremendously, I used to not know how kt shade or use any of the techniques that we learned this year but now I feel as though I am thoroughly well rounded in the basics of creative arts. The best thing about art is that there's always more to learn and more to do- you're never really done. Which is what I love. All in all, art class was very enjoyable to me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment