Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Bicycle Drawing

The first "real" art class assignment given to me was to draw this old, vintage style bike. Any angle, section, side or part of it. I just had to draw it. At first glance, the section of the bike that stuck out to me most was the chain and pedal. The chain and the pedal both had very miniscule details in them and looked very intricate close up. The angle that I decided to draw my bike at included both the chain and pedal, along with part of the tire and the kick stand. In the first days of drawing the bike, I had no idea where to start. So, I began with the alignment of things and where I wanted everything to go. This took a lot of time and I did a lot of readjusting as my drawing progressed. In all honesty, when we first learned value and composition, I didn't feel it was all that important. However, when I finally began to shade my drawing, I began to see the difference it made and how it helped my drawing look more realistic. As well as composition. Composition helped my drawing look more three dimensional and also not so boring. The materials we used in drawing the bikes were sketching pencils, a normal eraser as well as a kneaded eraser. The level of drawing in my opinion was a more intense level because of what we were drawing and the materials. However, I did enjoy drawing the bike very much. It was unique and fun. The pictures in this post are the stages of my drawing, a before and after of adding more value to my shading, the origanol picture and final product and the final product by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment